This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: PING MAINTAINERS of ccache, distcc, ocaml: [was Re: [1.7] gcc-3.4.4-3 gets reinstalled every time I run setup]
- From: Lapo Luchini <lapo at lapo dot it>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2010 22:17:25 +0100
- Subject: Re: PING MAINTAINERS of ccache, distcc, ocaml: [was Re: [1.7] gcc-3.4.4-3 gets reinstalled every time I run setup]
- Openpgp: id=C8F252FB
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <49676AD4.email@example.com> <49D13F96.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4CD1C4AD.email@example.com> <1288816598.7256.51.camel@YAAKOV04>
Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
>> BTW: both 'ccache' and 'distcc' are depending on 'gcc' in latest
>> setup.ini (I'm trying to avoid gcc-3 on my fresh install).
> Then shouldn't that be 'gcc4-core'?
I'm not sure there should be a dependency at all: ccache doesn't depend
on any compiler, it will just call any that is called like his own
symlink and behaves like gcc... installing ccache without any compiler
doesn't do any good, ok, but it's a complete software anyways.
Lapo Luchini - http://lapo.it/
âBeware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not
tried it.â (Donald Knuth, 1977-03-22)