This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: PING MAINTAINERS of ccache, distcc, ocaml: [was Re: [1.7] gcc-3.4.4-3 gets reinstalled every time I run setup]
- From: Damien Doligez <damien dot doligez at inria dot fr>
- To: cygwin-apps <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 13:28:58 +0100
- Subject: Re: PING MAINTAINERS of ccache, distcc, ocaml: [was Re: [1.7] gcc-3.4.4-3 gets reinstalled every time I run setup]
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <49676AD4.email@example.com> <49D13F96.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4CD1C4AD.email@example.com> <653873482.217595.1288816601584.JavaMail.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 2010-11-03, at 21:36, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-11-03 at 21:23 +0100, Lapo Luchini wrote:
>> Dave Korn wrote:
>>> In the meantime, I think that ocaml, ccache and distcc should remove gcc
>>> from their setup.hint lines, and perhaps replace it by gcc-core.
>> BTW: both 'ccache' and 'distcc' are depending on 'gcc' in latest
>> setup.ini (I'm trying to avoid gcc-3 on my fresh install).
> Then shouldn't that be 'gcc4-core'?
I never received Dave's message, so I'm missing some context here, but
the latest ocaml (3.12.0-4) actually depends on gcc4-core, not on any
flavor of gcc 3.
I don't think it's possible to make a binary of OCaml that can work
indifferently with gcc3 or gcc4.