This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: i686-pc-mingw32 cross compiler
- From: Charles Wilson <cygwin at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm>
- Cc: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2010 10:14:01 -0500
- Subject: Re: i686-pc-mingw32 cross compiler
- References: <1288297965.4852.349.camel@YAAKOV04> <4CC9F779.email@example.com> <1288329965.8076.26.camel@YAAKOV04> <4CD81329.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Charles Wilson <cygwin at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm>
On 11/8/2010 10:11 AM, Charles Wilson wrote:
> OTOH, mingw.org has switched officially to dw2, but (for instance)
> mandriva's mingw toochain is i586-pc-mingw32 (that is, it isn't a 32bit
> spin of mingw64) but uses sjlj -- mainly because, in UPSTREAM gcc,
> that's still the default IIRC. Sadly, this means that libs
> cross-compiled using the mandriva mingw-* packageset are not
> interoperable with mingw.org's own offerings.
> Should mingw.org support that?
> fedora, on the other hand, provides i686-pc-mingw32-gcc that is dw2.
Oops, my mistake: it turns out that fedora's cross compiler is also sjlj.