This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ITP] tftp-hpa 5.0
- From: Charles Wilson <cygwin at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 10:22:12 -0500
- Subject: Re: [ITP] tftp-hpa 5.0
- References: <4CA42DB5.email@example.com> <4CA4406D.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4CA5F18E.email@example.com> <4CA6029A.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4CA98F44.email@example.com> <4CA9F1B4.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4CA9FE05.email@example.com> <4CB4A904.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4CE147E3.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: Charles Wilson <cygwin at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm>
On 11/15/2010 9:46 AM, Gernot Hillier wrote:
> Some minor comments about /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/tftp.README:
> * confuses config-tftpd with tftpd-config in (at least) two places
> * Under 3), it describes the manual way to install the standalone...
> * In one place, you reference /var/log/messages when syslog is running;...
> * The History misses your name. :-)
Thanks for those comments. I'll address them and send you the updated
> Apart from that, the new README looks *very* nice! Thanks for that - it
> will save us a lot of user's questions!
That's the idea...
>> Gernot, if you could take this -src package and rebuild it (just to make
>> sure it works for you), and then test the binaries in your environment,
>> that'd be a good start. Then, I'll worry about the IPv6 stuff next
>> weekend or so, and we'll be ready to upload.
> Build tested successfully.
> From my side: ready to upload after the minor wording changes as
> discussed in the other mail
Well, the offending wording is actually in the csih package rather than
the tftpd-config script, I believe. Also, given Corinna's comments this
morning, I may want to make a slightly more substantive change to csih
and exploit the new csih behavior in the tftpd-config script.
> and the bits in the README mentioned above.
Give me some time to address the csih changes...