This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: ITA: gcc-mingw-* gcc-3 -mno-cygwin support packages; ITP: mingw-binutils/mingw-gcc-* cross compiler
- From: Peter Rosin <peda at lysator dot liu dot se>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 00:32:56 +0100
- Subject: Re: ITA: gcc-mingw-* gcc-3 -mno-cygwin support packages; ITP: mingw-binutils/mingw-gcc-* cross compiler
- References: <4CEC401E.email@example.com>
Den 2010-11-23 23:28 skrev Charles Wilson:
> Then, after the month has passed, go ahead and move the other packages
> over to sourceware. People who "blindly upgrade" after than will bork
> their system (it's fixable, but awkward) -- but MOST people will have
> already upgraded their gcc-mingw (and probably didn't even notice), so
> they'll be fine.
Would it be possible to have a postinstall script for one of the new
packages that includes the awkward fixups? That way automatic fixup is
possible if you just reinstall the appropriate package, which seems
simple to support?
(But. I'm not at the receiving end and will have no problem following
the given recipe, I'm just throwing out an idea)