This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Ooops, minor setup.hint glitch - and announce list bouncing my posts
- From: Dave Korn <dave dot korn dot cygwin at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 21:19:18 +0000
- Subject: Re: Ooops, minor setup.hint glitch - and announce list bouncing my posts
- References: <4D8911CA.email@example.com>
On 22/03/2011 21:16, Dave Korn wrote:
> I just uploaded gcc4-4.3.4-4, and realised the setup.hint requires: lines
> don't reflect the extra dependencies that 4.5.0-1 requires. There will be a
> brief window while I fix this when anyone installing 4.5.0 might not get all
> the libs like MPC GMP etc. that they need.
Guess I forgot to actually ask: Do we prefer the situation where all users
of curr: packages get a few extra libs that they don't need, or would we
prefer not to make them download extra libs and rely on users of test:
packages to manually download anything they find themselves missing? On the
whole I guess loading a few extra libs on "normal" users is probably not a
serious burden but wondered if others had thought about it.