This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Ooops, minor setup.hint glitch - and announce list bouncing my posts
- From: Charles Wilson <cygwin at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm>
- To: Mailing List: CygWin-Apps <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 17:44:36 -0400
- Subject: Re: Ooops, minor setup.hint glitch - and announce list bouncing my posts
- References: <4D8911CA.email@example.com> <4D891256.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Charles Wilson <cygwin at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm>
On 3/22/2011 5:19 PM, Dave Korn wrote:
> Guess I forgot to actually ask: Do we prefer the situation where all users
> of curr: packages get a few extra libs that they don't need, or would we
> prefer not to make them download extra libs and rely on users of test:
> packages to manually download anything they find themselves missing? On the
> whole I guess loading a few extra libs on "normal" users is probably not a
> serious burden but wondered if others had thought about it.
I usually go ahead and add the new libs to the global requires.
This is similar to the situation when a dependent library gets version
bumped; I'll typically include BOTH the libs in my app's requires spec:
requires: libncurses7 libncurses8