This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Problems installing from Cygwinports
- From: "Yaakov (Cygwin/X)" <yselkowitz at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: cygwin-apps <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Cc: Angelo Graziosi <angelo dot graziosi at alice dot it>, cygwin-ports-general <cygwin-ports-general at lists dot sourceforge dot net>
- Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 00:15:10 -0500
- Subject: Re: Problems installing from Cygwinports
- References: <4D93B499.firstname.lastname@example.org>
As a potential setup.exe bug, redirecting to cygwin-apps.
On Thu, 2011-03-31 at 00:54 +0200, Angelo Graziosi wrote:
> It is sometime I have installed a few packages from Cygwinports
> (QT,GCC), but today upgrading (mainly *QT*-4.7.2-1 and *mesa*-7.10.1-2)
> 'setup.exe' seems to hang in extracting /usr/include/GL/glxext.h from
(The tarball in question is here:)
> Result: my hard drive (C:) is almost full, X does not start any more and
> I can use only Cygwin.bat and mintty. To be short, my Cygwin
> installation is broken :(
Start by deleting /usr/include/GL/glxext.h, that will free up your hard
drive. Then re-run setup, choosing to KEEP libGL-devel instead of
Now, as for the cause, the only thing I can think of is that I just
started using pbzip2 for compression in cygport. The bz2's are
supposed to be fully compatible, and neither Cygwin nor MinGW bzip2 have
any problems with the tarball in question.
So my wild guess is that setup uses libbz2 in a way which is
incompatible with pbzip2-compressed tarballs, as unlikely as it seems.
Can any setup.exe authors shed any light on this?