Re: 256x256 px icons

On 7/27/2011 11:50 PM, Andy Koppe wrote:
> To me, the black/grey border just looked like something went wrong
with transparency during the conversion. Also, at 16px, the left and
right sides of the terminal screen's frame have actually gone.

So far, my focus for the small icons has been quick and dirty for fast idea turn-around over perfection.

For the final icons, I'm willing to do deeper cosmetic surgery. In this case, I can redraw the frame, 1 px wide.

Maybe there should be no black border at all, just a silver bezel to the icon edge?

Nice work removing the prompt. Did
you go back to the original SVG to do that?

That would have been one way to do it, but I'd have had to go dig up the SVG again (tossed it after rasterizing the first time days ago) then go through an Illustrator and re-rasterizing pass.

Given that, it was just as easy to use Photoshop's content-aware fill feature (awesome!) to cover the prompt text with reconstituted gradient, then repair the gloss line with a bit of cloning.

Thanks again for putting in this effort to have something tangible to
compare with.

Certainly. Far easier to argue about concrete examples than handwavy possibilities.