Re: [ITP] nosleep 0.1.3-1

> On 9/25/2011 6:15 AM, Andrew Schulman wrote:
> > nosleep has been written originally for Cygwin, so it's not available
> > in any Linux distros and needs to be voted on.
>
> Just wondering ...
>
> Since "nosleep has been written originally for Cygwin", might it make
> sense to add this to cygutils ("A collection of simple utilities")?

It doesn't matter to me either way.  My guess is that since nosleep is brand
new, people might want some time to try it out and gain confidence that it works
as advertised, before adopting it as a standard utility.

A few other considerations:

* nosleep currently depends on libargp, which cygutils probably doesn't want to
do.  That could be worked around by importing the argp source into nosleep, but
I don't know if cygutils wants to increase its size by that much.

* Although it's currently only implemented for Cygwin, nosleep has big (waking)
dreams of being implemented on other platforms too.  So it may not stay a
Cygwin-only utility.  Not sure if that matters.

Andrew.