RE: [ITP] win-ssh-agent 1.07

Corinna Vinschen wrote on 2011-11-04:
> On Nov  4 15:37, Nayuta Taga wrote:

>>> I don't agree. ?I don't see why this couldn't be accomplished using
>>> standard UNIX tools
>>
>> The win-ssh-agent is for applications that uses the cygwin openssh
>> internally and are executed from the Explorer (i.e. via the
>> ShellExecute() API).
>>
>> The keychain in the distribution cannot propagate SSH_AUTH_SOCK to
>> them.
>
> You can eaily propagate the SSH_* environment variables to other
> sessions via scripting, if you store the variables in a known path.
> You don't have to change the registry for that to work.

keychain stores the ssh-agent environment variables in $HOME/.keychain/${HOSTNAME}-sh by default. I start keychain from my .bash_profile and then source $HOME/.keychain/${HOSTNAME}-sh in my .bashrc so all my shells get the right values even if they aren't spawned from the shell that started keychain.

Hope this helps.
--
Bryan Thrall
Principal Software Engineer