Re: [RFC] Packaging texlive

On 2/27/2012 5:51 AM, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
The texlive package provides only the binaries; all symlinked commands,
macros, and documentation are provided by the texlive-collection-*
packages, which mostly correspond to the individual TeX Live packages
installed by each of the collection-* meta-packages.  (Most of the
hyphen-* packages are empty except for a postinstall command which isn't
necessary for us.  That's why a few collection-lang* aren't packaged,
since they include only those empty hyphen-* packages.)  I'll be happy
to explain anything which isn't clear about these packages.

I do have one question about the various texlive-collection-* packages. Do you have some automated way of getting the TeX Live package lists that are in the .cygport files (TEXLIVE_TEXMF_PKGS, etc.)? The lists can be gotten from the texlive.tlpdb file, but it doesn't seem obvious to me how to automate this.

Ken