This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: ITP: apngopt -- Optimize APNG animated images
- From: "Yaakov (Cygwin/X)" <yselkowitz at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: cygwin-apps <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2012 12:12:56 -0500
- Subject: Re: ITP: apngopt -- Optimize APNG animated images
- References: <email@example.com> <508429E7.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Sun, 2012-10-21 at 18:59 +0200, marco atzeri wrote:
> I continue to think that upstream decision to make a package of every
> single command is very poor choice.
I don't see why that's Jari's fault. If they are released separately
upstream with different version numbers and different schedules, it is
only natural for them to be packaged separately.
> I also notice that the manual is written by you and upstream
> is not providing the elementary "--help" option.
This is an upstream issue. While this isn't Debian and their manpage
policy doesn't apply to us, documentation is generally a good thing.