Re: ITP: apngopt -- Optimize APNG animated images

On 10/21/2012 7:12 PM, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
On Sun, 2012-10-21 at 18:59 +0200, marco atzeri wrote:
I continue to think that upstream decision to make a package of every
single command is very poor choice.

I don't see why that's Jari's fault. If they are released separately upstream with different version numbers and different schedules, it is only natural for them to be packaged separately.

It is surely not Jari's fault. As he is the package volunteer, he is free to package as he prefers, for that reasone I GTG's

I also notice that the manual is written by you and upstream
is not providing the elementary "--help" option.

This is an upstream issue. While this isn't Debian and their manpage policy doesn't apply to us, documentation is generally a good thing.

Documentation is good. My judgment is only about the inconsistency of upstream "packages".

In general I does not consider them packages at all, the packages are
all the Jari's job around them.

Yaakov

Regards
Marco