This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: ITP: apngopt -- Optimize APNG animated images
- From: Jari Aalto <jari dot aalto at cante dot net>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2012 21:39:32 +0300
- Subject: Re: ITP: apngopt -- Optimize APNG animated images
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <508429E7.email@example.com>
On 2012-10-21 18:59, marco atzeri wrote:
| builds and packages fine. GTG
Thank you for your testing.
| I continue to think that upstream decision to make a package of every
| single command is very poor choice.
It depends how you look at it. I understand the decision:
- It can make maintenence easier (every utility has it's own
track record, security updates, VCS repo, etc.)
- People can install what they really need, individually.
Personally I wouldn't want to install collection "X", when all I would need
would be utility "A" from it; but I'd be forced to to also get B, C, d, E,
F, G ... with the "X".
I tend to prefer minimalism during install.
| I also notice that the manual is written by you and upstream
| is not providing the elementary "--help" option.
Good catch, I'll contact upstream and cook a patch in a mean while.