Re: GCC maintainer volunteer?

On 2/22/2013 15:00, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Feb 2013 17:59:07 +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>> Exactly.  The question is then, what patches from the 4.5.3 gcc were
>> not applied upstream and still make sense today.
>
> I have a copy of the patchset here with a few additions of my own:
>
> http://cygwin-ports.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=cygwin-ports/gcc4;a=tree
>
> classpath-0.98-*.patch: patches carried over from my port of GNU
> Classpath; these are required.

Only classpath-0.98-build.patch applies.

> config-rpath.patch: IIUC can be avoided with
> --without-libiconv-prefix --without-libintl-prefix configure flags.

Still applies.

> gcc45-ada.diff: switches Cygwin GNAT from a Windows hybrid to pure *NIX
> code, and enable shared libgnat.  Last time I tried it, code linked with
> the libgnat DLL didn't exit properly, so this may need more work.
>
> gcc45-ehdebug.diff: just some debugging printf()s AFAICS.
>
> gcc45-java-FIONREAD.diff: important fix a bug in NIO; this is a must.
>
> gcc45-libffi.diff: makes FFI lib and header install in GCC dirs instead
> of system dirs.  Perhaps this version shouldn't be installed at all
> (only the convenience library is actually used in libjava) and ship the
> standalone libffi-3.0.11 instead.
>
> gcc45-libstdc.diff: The -no-undefined hunks are required, but the
> -bindir flags aren't necessary with cygport.  -Wl,--enable-auto-import
> is already the default, but it seems that is insufficient, hence all
> the dllimport/dllexport.  Honestly I'm not sure why though.
>
> gcc45-misc-core.diff: not sure what this is for.

Does not currently apply.

> gcc45-mnocygwin.diff: obsolete.

Noted.
> gcc45-peflags.diff: link only executables with --tsaware, and also use
> --large-address-aware.  This too is a must.

Not upstream yet. Does not apply, but simple enough to fix.

> gcc45-sig-unwind.diff: explained therein; may have been upstreamed
> already.

Does not apply.

> gcc45-skiptest.diff: test is ELF-specific.

Still applies.
> There is one more patch required from the Fedora Cygwin toolchain:
>
> http://fedora-cygwin.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=fedora-cygwin/cygwin-gcc;a=tree
>
> gcc45-gc-win32-threads.diff: the native gcc4 was last built before
> pthread_getaddr_np() was added, so this is a new requirement.

OK, I'll look into that. I have not look closely how the patches fail to
apply, just took a glance at cygport prep output.