Re: setup.exe now requires administrator privileges

Hi,

On Apr  3 21:20, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Apr  3 17:19, Shaddy Baddah wrote:
</snip>
Based on my limited understanding of .exe.manifest files, I believe the
problem should be related to this change to Cygwin setup:

http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/setup/setup.exe.manifest?rev=2.4&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup&cvsroot=cygwin-apps

with changelog excerpt:

* setup.exe.manifest: Set processorArchitecture to "*".
Add explicit requestedExecutionLevel for 64-bit compatibility.

Am I correct?

Probably yes.  Yaakov, why is that necessary for 64 bit?  Is that
documented somewhere?

I tried working around this by writing an in-place
cygpkg64.exe.manifest with <requestedExecutionLevel level="asInvoker"
uiAccess="false"/>, not really expecting it to work. And of course it
has not.

Is it possible to cross-build setup64.exe from 32 bit Cygwin? Is there
much mucking about to achieve it?

--
Regards,
Shaddy