Re: 64bit cygport

On 4/7/2013 7:11 AM, Achim Gratz wrote:

I've just set up a Cygwin64 system.  It seems I can run a 32bit Cygwin
in parallel without disturbing anything, is that right?

Yes.

Anyway, I've tried to compile a few packages, but cygport gives me
grief: it somehow doesn't pick up the version and release from new-style
cygport files and defines P == PN == PV etc.  I'll look into this later,
but I thought I mention it here in case it indicates some problem with
the installation.

I recall something like this happening when I first switched to the new-style cygport files. The problem turned out to be that I wasn't giving the full name of the cygport file in the command line. If your file is `foo.cygport', you have to type

  cygport foo.cygport ...

You can't omit the `.cygport' suffix.

Ken