Re: [RFC] vim-minimal in Base?

On 2013-05-14 02:59, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
What bugs me with vim-minimal on Fedora is usually that it's lacking
basic vim functionality, even if it does not rely on external packages.
I'm not quite sure if I remember correctly, but in the past I think I
even had problems with color settings for syntax decoration, which
forced me to use the vim-enhanced package.  And I'm really not using
any complicated stuff, like text folding or so...

So my question is, is vim-minimal at least more or less feature complete
as far as the feature doesn't require external dependencies?

I followed Fedora's lead and compiled vim-minimal --with-features=small, which excludes many features and avoids the need for vim-common (which requires perl and xxd, the former of which being what started this discussion), which e.g. syntax highlighting would require. But this affects *only* ex/vi; vim/view/vimdiff/vimtutor and evim/gvim/etc. are fully loaded, and now more than ever with the (dynamically loaded) lua/perl/python/python3/ruby interfaces.

Apart from that, yes, vim-minimal should be a Base package, finally ;)

Done.

Yaakov