This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [64bit] Missing library causing build of perl-PAR-Packer to fail
- From: "Yaakov (Cygwin/X)" <yselkowitz at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2013 20:51:41 -0500
- Subject: Re: [64bit] Missing library causing build of perl-PAR-Packer to fail
- References: <51AF860C dot 4080302 at cornell dot edu>
On 2013-06-05 13:40, Ken Brown wrote:
In order to build biber.exe, I need to build the perl module
I have PAR::Packer and its dependencies ready for upload later today,
and have updated Ports git accordingly.
On 32-bit Cygwin, boot_Win32CORE is provided by the library
on 64-bit Cygwin the corresponding library is missing from
/usr/lib/perl5/5.14/x86_64-cygwin-threads/auto/Win32CORE. Can we get a
new build of perl that includes it?
It's not actually required; EU::Embed's xsinit command automatically
adds hooks for all static extensions: normally DynaLoader, and on
MSWin32/Cygwin, Win32CORE. The latter isn't usually needed on Cygwin,
so AFAICS it should be omitted.
I'll have to figure out properly how to fix this in the perl build
(Reini?), but in the meantime, in
/usr/lib/perl5/5.14/x86_64-cygwin-threads/Config_heavy.pl, change the
definition of static_ext to ' ' (the space is required), then rerun the
build of biber.