This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [64bit] perl-XML-SAX doesn't build from source
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2013 07:25:15 -0400
- Subject: Re: [64bit] perl-XML-SAX doesn't build from source
- References: <51AFBE1A dot 5000501 at cornell dot edu> <51B01484 dot 5000104 at users dot sourceforge dot net>
On 6/6/2013 12:48 AM, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
On 2013-06-05 17:39, Ken Brown wrote:
In an effort to get some practice building perl modules, I tried to
rebuild perl-XML-SAX from source. If I install all perl-* packages
currently in the 64bit distribution except for that one, then the build
fails at the install stage as follows:
If I understand the error message correctly, it's complaining that it
can't install XML::Sax because XML::Sax isn't installed. What am I
Hmm, didn't see that, but I may have already installed it manually
during the bootstrap. Based on the error message, the problem is that
the in-tree copy is not added to the search path during that command,
and it probably should be; this should be raised upstream.
I just took a look at the Makefile, and here's the command that's failing:
@$(PERL) -MXML::SAX -e
This looks to me like a postinstall operation. Should perl-XML-SAX have
a postinstall script to run this?