This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [RFU] ocaml-4.00.1-1
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 10:27:00 +0200
- Subject: Re: [RFU] ocaml-4.00.1-1
- References: <03567512-0765-4AA9-9316-92AA3D5D71EE at inria dot fr> <8DC287A3-12E5-4AF7-AFFB-647396555DB0 at inria dot fr> <20130607141924 dot GC22187 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <CBF9EE3D-7904-4D59-8132-0600CADB50CB at inria dot fr>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Jun 9 16:42, Damien Doligez wrote:
> On 2013-06-07, at 16:19, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > Done. Any chance to try building a 64 bit version of ocaml, Damien?
> I'll be working on that, yes.
> On 2013-06-07, at 20:00, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
> > Ouch. Because of the fickle nature of OCaml's ABI, all OCaml libraries have to be rebuilt for every version bump. While there not be much OCaml code in the distro, I have dozens of libraries in Ports which need to be rebuilt. Next time, could you please give me some rebuild time before stabilizing a new version of OCaml?
> Ah, sorry. I didn't realize there would be so many dependencies. Next time I'll warn you in advance.
Did you see http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2013-06/msg00160.html ?
Given what Yaakov said, wouldn't it make sense to provide the former
ocaml libs and start using a versioned runtime lib approach?
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com