This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: gettext packaging bug?
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 21:47:16 +0200
- Subject: Re: gettext packaging bug?
- References: <20130612151316 dot GG30807 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <51B8C746 dot 4000203 at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm> <20130612194243 dot GC1736 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Jun 12 21:42, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Jun 12 15:08, Charles Wilson wrote:
> > On 6/12/2013 11:13 AM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > >I was just trying to build a package on a new 64 bit Cygwin test
> > >machine, when I encountered a missing libintl.h. As it turned out,
> > >I had gettext-devel installed, but not gettext. In the 64 bit version
> > >of gettext, gettext-devel depends on libintl8, but not on gettext, so
> > >that's that.
> > Ah, that's a bug in Yaakov's packaging of gettext. On 32bit,
> > gettext-devel requires: gettext.
> > [...]
> > I'm open to reorganizing the gettext packaging (ignore Bruno?) but
> > we *really* don't want to make gettext depend on gettext-devel
> > (gettext-devel pulls in git, to make autopoint work). The other way
> > around -- where gettext-devel requires: gettext -- could work, and
> > in fact *is* the current practice at least in the 32bit package.
> The dependcy isn't picked up automatically, that's why it's missing
> in the 64 bit package, perhaps.
> Either way, I would always expect the files required to build
> against gettext in the gettext-devel package, but I guess if the
> dependency is fixed, it should be ok.
FYI, I fixed the dependency in the 64 bit distro manually for now.
Btw., any chance you could have a look into a 64 bit inetutils? :}
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com