This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Preparation for gcc 4.7.3-1
- From: "Yaakov (Cygwin/X)" <yselkowitz at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 11:48:35 -0500
- Subject: Re: Preparation for gcc 4.7.3-1
- References: <51BDA627 dot 7040207 at gmail dot com>
On 2013-06-16 06:48, JonY wrote:
I noticed some deps are still marked as experimental, eg
cloog/ppl/mpc/mpfr/gmp. Parts of the experimental ppl even requires
experimental 4.7.x libstdc++.
For gcc-4.7, we need the test versions of all those deps.
setup constantly tries to revert it to stable versions.
That's just how setup (mis)handles test releases.
Should I still put gcc 4.7.3-1 as experimental?
No, I think we just need to stabilize it and its deps, obsoleting
'gcc4', 'gcc' 3.x and 'gcc-mingw-' in the process.