This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Preparation for gcc 4.7.3-1
- From: "Yaakov (Cygwin/X)" <yselkowitz at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 17:47:11 -0500
- Subject: Re: Preparation for gcc 4.7.3-1
- References: <51BDA627 dot 7040207 at gmail dot com> <51BDEC63 dot 3020103 at users dot sourceforge dot net> <51BE3B34 dot 4050108 at gmail dot com> <51BF8BF8 dot 7020804 at gmail dot com> <51C0DC92 dot 3040807 at users dot sourceforge dot net> <51C0E009 dot 9030009 at gmail dot com> <51C0EFA5 dot 70600 at users dot sourceforge dot net> <51C22E2F dot 6050702 at gmail dot com>
On 2013-06-19 17:18, JonY wrote:
I still build gcc with the -4 suffix, but it no longer does the gcc
alternative switch. The next version should remove those.
That's not going to work. With the -4 suffix but without the symlinks,
this will never be found as *the* gcc/g++/etc. We have already agreed
to make this unversioned and remove 3.x, so there's really no reason not
to do so now (as in my cygport(5)).