This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Preparation for gcc 4.7.3-1
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 01:46:03 -0400
- Subject: Re: Preparation for gcc 4.7.3-1
- References: <51BDA627 dot 7040207 at gmail dot com> <51BDEC63 dot 3020103 at users dot sourceforge dot net> <51BE3B34 dot 4050108 at gmail dot com> <51BF8BF8 dot 7020804 at gmail dot com> <51C0DC92 dot 3040807 at users dot sourceforge dot net> <51C0E009 dot 9030009 at gmail dot com> <51C0EFA5 dot 70600 at users dot sourceforge dot net> <51C22E2F dot 6050702 at gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 06:18:23AM +0800, JonY wrote:
>On 6/19/2013 07:39, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
>> On 2013-06-18 17:32, JonY wrote:
>>> On 6/19/2013 06:17, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
>>>> As for the logistics, how about you put this in a temporary location
>>>> (not under release) that I can access, and then I can deal with all the
>>>> necessary transitioning.
>>> Where do I put the files at? /sourceware/cygwin-gcc/ sounds OK?
>> You can put them in your HOME (or a subdirectory thereof).
>I put the upload at /sourceware1/home/jyong/gcc-new, but cgf says I
>shouldn't be using the home directory. It seems to be world readable though.
I told you to use your home directory on irc. We had a discussion about
this in this mailing list a few weeks ago. You should not be creating
directories outside of your home directory.