This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: setup in cvs head by early june 2013 does not run on xp
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 11:49:10 +0200
- Subject: Re: setup in cvs head by early june 2013 does not run on xp
- References: <BAY174-W320FC1B92FEE25E33EE0BDFD8E0 at phx dot gbl> <20130621025644 dot GA2479 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <BAY174-W227DD2E4A55635D897FFDEFD8F0 at phx dot gbl>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Jun 21 09:26, email@example.com wrote:
> > You need to build with the newest version of mingw from the mingw64-i686
> > package. It seems like yours is out of date. Corinna and I build with
> > the i686-w64-mingw32 target.
> It appears I have the latest version (gcc, g++, 4.5.3-6,
> runtime runtime-3.0b_svn5747-1, headers-3.0b_svn5747-1) offered by
> mirrors.kernel.org (checked prior to this email via setup against then current,
> and installed /var/log/setup.log), which is listed at
> as an up-to-date mirror.
> 1)Please advise what pkg version, mirror, or ? can provide appropriate build context.
> 2)Should configure check for and advise of possible problems with 'incorrect' version
> of mingw64?
I really don't know what you mean.
Just make sure you have the latest mingw64 packages installed,
create a separate build dir, for instanmce parallel to the setup
source dir, and call configure make:
cd <checked out setup sources dir>
../configure --host=i686-w64-mingw32 --target=i686-w64-mingw32
And that's it. I tested to build setup HEAD from scratch for 32 and
64 bit, and both versions worked fine.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com