This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: setup in cvs head by early june 2013 does not run on xp
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 12:59:57 +0200
- Subject: Re: setup in cvs head by early june 2013 does not run on xp
- References: <BAY174-W320FC1B92FEE25E33EE0BDFD8E0 at phx dot gbl> <20130621025644 dot GA2479 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <BAY174-W227DD2E4A55635D897FFDEFD8F0 at phx dot gbl> <20130621094910 dot GC25850 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <BAY174-W16D4CD96FA26964C85BACCFD8F0 at phx dot gbl>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Jun 21 10:40, firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
> > I really don't know what you mean.
> on 32bit XP SP3, With cygwin installation of the latest packages currently (well as of 2013/06/03 or so) available from mirrors.kernel.org, a 32bit build of setup retrieved from cvs as -D20130619 will not run on XPSP3 (and I'm guessing not on W2K3 server either.)
> > And that's it. I tested to build setup HEAD from scratch for 32 and
> > 64 bit, and both versions worked fine.
> Did 32bit version work fine on XP (sp3)?
> fails for me trying to reference non-existent vswprintf from ntdll.dll...
Yes. Due to your report I tested on 32 bit XP SP3 and XP64 SP2, of
course. I don't even know where you get your vswprintf symbol from. My
version of setup doesn't ever use this function, and there's only a
symbol __mingw_vswprintf pulled in since, apparently, multiple XXXprintf
entry points are exported by the same file.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com