This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: setup in cvs head by early june 2013 does not run on xp
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 10:25:52 -0400
- Subject: Re: setup in cvs head by early june 2013 does not run on xp
- References: <BAY174-W320FC1B92FEE25E33EE0BDFD8E0 at phx dot gbl> <20130621025644 dot GA2479 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <BAY174-W227DD2E4A55635D897FFDEFD8F0 at phx dot gbl>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 09:26:38AM +0000, firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
>>You need to build with the newest version of mingw from the
>>mingw64-i686 package. It seems like yours is out of date. Corinna and
>>I build with the i686-w64-mingw32 target.
>It appears I have the latest version (gcc, g++, 4.5.3-6, runtime
>runtime-3.0b_svn5747-1, headers-3.0b_svn5747-1) offered by
>mirrors.kernel.org (checked prior to this email via setup against then
>current, and installed /var/log/setup.log), which is listed at
>http://cygwin.com/mirrors.html as an up-to-date mirror.
>1)Please advise what pkg version, mirror, or ? can provide appropriate
The package is ming264-i686. That's why I mentioned it. There is no
specific mirror that you need to get proper packages. That's why
they're called "mirrors".
>2)Should configure check for and advise of possible problems with
>'incorrect' version of mingw64?
Since the builders of setup.exe are supposed to be people who understand
the process there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of need to make configure
foolproof. However, we certainly wouldn't object to patches.