This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: setup patch - simplistic --include-source for download/installed pkgs
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2013 14:34:34 -0400
- Subject: Re: setup patch - simplistic --include-source for download/installed pkgs
- References: <BAY174-W10A929C3D9F40F30A73866FD8F0 at phx dot gbl>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 10:52:02AM +0000, email@example.com wrote:
>A patch for setup providing command line switches (I, --include-source)
>to automatically include source packages associated with any selected
>binary packages when downloading/installing.
Thanks for the patch but,fFor me, this patch has lots of odd characters
in it. It definitely won't cleanly apply.
Patches really should be submitted as attachments to avoid that problem.
You also need to have a ChangeLog.
>The first version is targeted at source revision 2.774 (can obtain as
>-D20120430) from cvs, which seems to match the binary setup.exe
>available for download at cygwin.com in early June 2013.
>It will almost apply to head around 20130619, but a second version is
>provided to do that cleanly.
Patches need to be against CVS head.