This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Fixing packages which rely on obsolete packages
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2013 11:09:37 -0400
- Subject: Re: Fixing packages which rely on obsolete packages
- References: <20130622204921 dot GA2803 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <51C6A5D6 dot 3080503 at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Sun, Jun 23, 2013 at 02:37:58AM -0500, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
>On 2013-06-22 15:49, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>I'm refreshing the procedure for updating setup.ini on sourceware
>As part of this, I would like to suggest again that a noarch directory
>be added alongside x86 and x86_64, and its files be included in each
>arch's setup.ini. There are a LOT of noarch packages in the distro,
>and it would save both disk space on sourceware and the mirrors, as
>well as bandwidth for all (including users), with a noarch directory.
>Of course, I am willing to help identify candidates for noarch, as well
>as consider changes to cygport to simplify this.
Sorry, I've already mentioned that I don't think that a separarte noarch
directory is a good idea. My opinion has not changed.