This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Pre-1.7 registry mount points
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 13:09:43 -0400
- Subject: Re: Pre-1.7 registry mount points
- References: <20130625113702 dot GA11958 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 01:37:02PM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>since 1.7 we don't use the registry for mount points anymore.
>Nevertheless, setup.exe, as well as the cygwin package postinstall
>script 000-cygwin-post-install.sh still test for the old, pre-1.7
>registry mount points and either uses them (setup) or copies them over
>to the fstab file (000-cygwin-post-install.sh).
>The first official 1.7 release was 2009-12-23, whiich is more than
>three years ago.
>Does anything speak against ignoring the old registry mount points from
>now on? If not, I'm pretty much set up to nuke the code.
I just nuked some old setup configuration code from about that era.
I think you should clean this up too since we no longer support the