This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Pre-1.7 registry mount points
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 11:39:36 +0200
- Subject: Re: Pre-1.7 registry mount points
- References: <20130625113702 dot GA11958 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <20130625170943 dot GA4154 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Jun 25 13:09, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 01:37:02PM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >since 1.7 we don't use the registry for mount points anymore.
> >Nevertheless, setup.exe, as well as the cygwin package postinstall
> >script 000-cygwin-post-install.sh still test for the old, pre-1.7
> >registry mount points and either uses them (setup) or copies them over
> >to the fstab file (000-cygwin-post-install.sh).
> >The first official 1.7 release was 2009-12-23, whiich is more than
> >three years ago.
> >Does anything speak against ignoring the old registry mount points from
> >now on? If not, I'm pretty much set up to nuke the code.
> I just nuked some old setup configuration code from about that era.
> I think you should clean this up too since we no longer support the
> legacy release.
...and there are no reasons to keep the code for other reasons,
apparently, so I removed it from setup and the base-cygwin package.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com