This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Please build 64 bit packages
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2013 09:57:27 +0200
- Subject: Re: Please build 64 bit packages
- References: <20130725121526 dot GE5086 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <51F99C62 dot 60207 at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Jul 31 18:23, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
> On 2013-07-25 07:15, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >now that the 64 bit version is in the wild, it would be incredibly cool
> >if you could all have a look into building your packages, which are not
> >yet available, for the 64 bit distro.
> >Alternatively, for those of your packages which are "noarch" packages,
> >for instance perl or python scripts, please drop us a note here along
> >the lines of "please copy package foo from 32 to 64 bit distro".
> I just copied over the newest version of all noarch packages whose
> deps are available. Ignoring obsolete packages, as of this moment,
> the diffstat between the arches is +81/-316.
Cool, many thanks!
How did you generate the diffstat? The numbers indicate a lot of
preliminary work before running the tool since a simple diff returns
numbers along the lines of -1000/+1500. So I'm wondering, do you have a
list of important packages (like, say, ocaml, inetutils, any libs) still
missing? It might help to get a better picture of the state of the
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com