This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: tftp for x86_64 uploaded (was Re: Please build 64 bit packages)
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2013 15:47:44 +0200
- Subject: Re: tftp for x86_64 uploaded (was Re: Please build 64 bit packages)
- References: <20130725121526 dot GE5086 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <51F99C62 dot 60207 at users dot sourceforge dot net> <20130801075727 dot GG4166 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <51FA1EE3 dot 7050206 at users dot sourceforge dot net> <20130801090544 dot GI4166 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <20130801091836 dot GJ4166 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <51FA5FAE dot 80607 at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Aug 1 09:16, Charles Wilson wrote:
> On 8/1/2013 5:18 AM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >Btw., I just built and uploaded the tftp package for x86_64.
> >For some reason, even though inetutils is built without tftp
> >and tftpd support, it still needs the arp/tftp.h file provided
> >by the tftp package.
> stock inetutils assumes that tftp.h is provided by the system, for
> whatever reason:
> 2005-01-21 Alfred M. Szmidt <...>
> * headers/Makefile.am (dist-hook): Target removed.
> (header_dirs): Variable removed.
> (EXTRA_DIST): Variable removed.
> * headers/confpaths.h.in, headers/crypt.h, headers/err.h,
> headers/getopt.h, headers/obstack.h, headers/osockaddr.h,
> headers/paths.h, headers/poll.h, headers/syslog-int.h,
> headers/arpa/DISTFILES, headers/arpa/ftp.h, headers/arpa/telnet.h,
> headers/arpa/tftp.h, headers/protocols/DISTFILES,
> headers/protocols/talkd.h: Files removed.
> In the past (e.g. when tftp[d].exe was compiled and shipped as part
> of the cygwin inetutils package), one of the custom cygwin patches
> was to add tftp.h and other headers back into the inetutils src tree
> -- and thence to install them onto the end user's system. However,
> when tftp[d].exe was split off (and built using a different upstream
> source code provider, which unlike inetutils supported IPv6) and
> Gernot took over maintainership, I removed those patches to
> inetutils and "allowed" the tftpd package to provide them instead.
> So, yes, there is a build dependency between inetutils and tftp now.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com