This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: why does setup keep trying to install non-required packages?
- From: Thomas Wolff <towo at towo dot net>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2013 17:23:36 +0200
- Subject: Re: why does setup keep trying to install non-required packages?
- References: <43b4bb5feb363c6c96156670883ae07d at 5200-glenwood dot net>
Am 11.08.2013 09:16, schrieb Andrew Schulman:
Fairly often when I run setup just for updates, it selects new
installation that I haven't selected and that aren't required by any
Yes, I noticed the same thing, and I noted the packages it wanted to
install once but they were different on the next attempt.
I don't have the list at hand now, but among them were some big packages
like lyx and ghostscript, certainly not by dependency.
Right now setup wants to install the login package. I didn't select it,
and if I unselect it the installation continues without any problem. It
happened in setup-x86, and now setup-x86_64 wants to do it too. I try to
keep my installation slim, so I don't want setup to add new packages that
aren't required and that I didn't select.
Has anyone else observed this?
Know the reason? Are they new packages, and setup assumes I want all