This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: setup: Execute postinstall batch with /d to prevent AutoRun
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 14:18:54 -0400
- Subject: Re: setup: Execute postinstall batch with /d to prevent AutoRun
- References: <CADgJZonf92cUCD1znUL6Cx9CpntORvCKaTTxbGwTKey-2PX2tA at mail dot gmail dot com> <20130812161210 dot GC4720 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 12:12:10PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 02:17:25PM +0200, Arlo O'Keeffe wrote:
>>I am experiencing issues with autorebase.bat during setup. The call to
>>autorebase.bat simply fails.
>>I use a registry key  to execute a batch file before opening cmd to
>>setup my cmd environment with doskey . I guess that doskey tries to
>>access something that simply does not exist in the noninteractive
>>shell and therefore fails. Since I could not find a way to detect a
>>noninteractive shell in cmd I was thinking one could change the call
>>to cmd in script.cc to include the /d parameter  to prevent running
>>the AutoRun registry keys.
>>Does that make sense?
>Would renaming autorebase.bat -> autorebase.cmd fix this?
While modifying setup to deal with .cmd files, of course.