This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [RFU] Please upload: algol68g package updates
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 13:35:20 -0400
- Subject: Re: [RFU] Please upload: algol68g package updates
- References: <5207C393 dot 7080308 at towo dot net> <5207CE8E dot 4040409 at gmail dot com> <52094FB9 dot 30501 at towo dot net> <520B335B dot 8000404 at towo dot net>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 09:35:55AM +0200, Thomas Wolff wrote:
>I had written:
>> >I think it is really not a good idea to have the same name for archives
>> >of different packages. No other systems I know does this.
>Christopher Faylor responded (for some reason not in my mailbox):
>> Just to kill two birds with one stone:
>But these two files are identical, and it's a noarch package.
Understood, but you were making a blanket statement without caveats.
The only differences in most of the arch-specific packages in Fedora are
the addition of a x86_64 and i686 to the package name. I think it would
be a good idea for us to do that too but it would require changes to
upset, genini and setup.exe.
I'll be happy to make the change to upset as soon as someone posts a
patch to setup.exe.