This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [RFU] Please upload: algol68g package updates
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 16:26:37 -0400
- Subject: Re: [RFU] Please upload: algol68g package updates
- References: <5207C393 dot 7080308 at towo dot net> <5207CE8E dot 4040409 at gmail dot com> <52094FB9 dot 30501 at towo dot net> <520B335B dot 8000404 at towo dot net> <20130814173520 dot GC2028 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <87y584f7mv dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 08:29:44PM +0200, Achim Gratz wrote:
>Christopher Faylor writes:
>> The only differences in most of the arch-specific packages in Fedora are
>> the addition of a x86_64 and i686 to the package name. I think it would
>> be a good idea for us to do that too but it would require changes to
>> upset, genini and setup.exe.
>...and cygport. BTW, does that mean that "x86" would be replaced by
>"i686" so that it would mirror what "uname -m" delivers?
>> I'll be happy to make the change to upset as soon as someone posts a
>> patch to setup.exe.
>Depending on how setup.ini looks like, there might be no to extensive
>changes required to setup.exe. What did you have in mind?
What I had in mind was not modifying setup.exe or being involved in
modifying setup.exe but leaving that to whomever was so vitally
interested in this issue that they would take up this challenging task.