This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [PATCH] setup: allow running as non-admin
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 19:23:45 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] setup: allow running as non-admin
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <527AD620 dot 2020902 at shaddybaddah dot name>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Thu, Nov 07, 2013 at 10:52:00AM +1100, Shaddy Baddah wrote:
>As discussed, please find the patch to allow setup to be run as a
>non-admin user include clear text.
Only a very minor comment:
>+ // Note, this is necessary to avoid an infinite loop.
>+ // The understanding is that pre-Vista, the runas verb will not
This indentation looks wrong.
>+ // result in a privilege elevated process. Therefore we need to
>+ // indicate to the forked process that it should be happy with
>+ // whatever privileges it is run with.