Re: 64-bit: Missing perl modules

Reini Urban writes:
> The new 5.18.2 package will be unified for 32bit and 64bit, yes.

Looking forward to itâ

> perl_vendor will probably stay as is, as it is the easiest for the
> user and the maintainer.

I beg to differ.  It would be vastly easier for everyone if perl_vendor
simply depended on those packages that are now hidden inside it.  Let me
know what's inside the new perl_vendor and I'll help to produce those
single distribution packages.

> I still need to rebase all most-used XS modules esp. on 32bit perl to
> make sense and avoid dll base collisions on forks, which happens with
> CPAN, a basic bootstrap problem.

I've not been doing that for more than two years now and have actually
backed out the respective changes in MakeMaker, IIRC.  As long as I'm
using cygport I'm not running into problems (except for PDL since this
produces several DLL that initially occupy the same address space, which
is easily taken care of with an ephemeral rebase before testing).

> My cygwin-specific rebase framework for CPAN modules still needs some
> love, esp. on 32bit.

I'm doing incremental auto-rebase on install, YMMV.

Regards,
Achim.

Samples for the Waldorf Blofeld: