This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ITA] p7zip
- From: Andrew Schulman <schulman dot andrew at epa dot gov>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2014 05:45:36 -0400
- Subject: Re: [ITA] p7zip
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <BAY169-DS837667E20A05CEC706609A7E70 at phx dot gbl>
> > Yes, there's ARCH, ARCH_i686, and ARCH_x86_64. See
> > /usr/share/doc/cygport/manual.html.
> Thanks, that's a great resource. I'm used to long-form docs being
> online somewhere rather than already installed along with the package.
> I'm a bit unclear what needs to happen next, despite reading all of
> https://cygwin.com/setup.html several times. Do I need another GTG
> for the slightly-modified version I posted? Or do I just ask "please
> upload" for that set of files now?
Ah, okay. No, unfortunately that page has fallen out of date with current
practice. Sorry about that.
Package maintainers now upload their own packages. The procedure is
described at https://sourceware.org/cygwin-apps/package-upload.html.
In your request for upload privileges, be sure to mention that you're
adopting p7zip, so you get listed as maintainer for that and will be
allowed to upload it.