This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: HEADSUP MAINTAINERS: flat upload layout
- From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2014 12:21:09 -0500
- Subject: Re: HEADSUP MAINTAINERS: flat upload layout
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <53E95581 dot 5010108 at cygwin dot com> <53E9C601 dot 9020503 at towo dot net> <20140812085922 dot GB27333 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
On Tue, 2014-08-12 at 10:59 +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Aug 12 09:45, Thomas Wolff wrote:
> > While revising the upload structure, please consider folding out the source
> > package (e.g. into no-arch/ or src/) because it's not a convincing burden to
> > have to upload the same package twice.
> Yes, that's something we should certainly contemplate medium-term.
upset doesn't like having the same package in multiple locations, so I'm
not sure if the -src packages can be separate.
However, what I did suggest earlier was to have a separate
noarch/release hierarchy for entirely noarch packages, which would
prevent having to upload noarch twice:
I do this with Ports and it works quite well, but then again I'm the
only one uploading there.