This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: HEADSUP MAINTAINERS: flat upload layout
- From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2014 15:22:36 -0500
- Subject: Re: HEADSUP MAINTAINERS: flat upload layout
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <53E95581 dot 5010108 at cygwin dot com> <53E9C601 dot 9020503 at towo dot net> <20140812085922 dot GB27333 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <1408123269 dot 1564 dot 6 dot camel at YAAKOV04> <20140815201139 dot GM28562 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
On Fri, 2014-08-15 at 22:11 +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Aug 15 12:21, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> > However, what I did suggest earlier was to have a separate
> > noarch/release hierarchy for entirely noarch packages, which would
> > prevent having to upload noarch twice:
> > http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2013-03/msg00126.html
> > I do this with Ports and it works quite well, but then again I'm the
> > only one uploading there.
> Shouldn't be much of a difference, as long as the upload script
> understands a noarch dir parallel to the x86 and x86_64 dirs,
> isn't it?
A few things would have to be changed on the infrastructure side, but I
think it's doable. The biggest issue may be that maintainers need to
mark their packages ARCH=noarch as appropriate, and then remember to
upload to a separate directory. The latter could be simplified with the
"cygport upload" proposal, should we decide to do this with noarch in
the first place.