This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: HEADSUP MAINTAINERS: flat upload layout
- From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2014 16:14:16 -0500
- Subject: Re: HEADSUP MAINTAINERS: flat upload layout
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <53E95581 dot 5010108 at cygwin dot com> <53E9C601 dot 9020503 at towo dot net> <20140812085922 dot GB27333 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <1408123269 dot 1564 dot 6 dot camel at YAAKOV04> <20140815201139 dot GM28562 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <1408134156 dot 1564 dot 11 dot camel at YAAKOV04> <87fvgxlbus dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid>
On Fri, 2014-08-15 at 22:46 +0200, Achim Gratz wrote:
> That only really works for pure noarch packages of which there aren't
> all that many.
There are more than you think. In Ports, over 46% of the source
packages are completely noarch.
> As you say, this is doable today with not too much
> manual work. A larger benefit would be to split "normal" packages into
> their arch and noarch part (roughly, between executables and scripts and
This would result in a single package being uploaded into multiple
directories; I'm not sure how practical that would be to implement.