This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2014 17:17:53 -0500
- Subject: Re: perl-5.18.2-1
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <534078A2 dot 4000601 at tiscali dot co dot uk> <87bnwf2cjl dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <534174C4 dot 5010608 at tiscali dot co dot uk> <87y4zi1kib dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <5341A3F5 dot 2040506 at tiscali dot co dot uk> <CAHiT=DF117Jf0jdV8KQHOakkOw3_A5FvmSRKRRVnXGt-MLY6cA at mail dot gmail dot com> <8761mlx7im dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <CAHiT=DFhajOOFDeFseptmrPVXHGVjrAiFxDaW6Z7qQ6XR070DQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <87a9bvsnse dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <CAHiT=DEe1O4Vn7dp2mPwUNvEagZDtauu9_ZS1vfpEgZ+V0wt4A at mail dot gmail dot com> <8761loegk8 dot fsf_-_ at Rainer dot invalid> <87fvkq57do dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <87y4y8uoe2 dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <87k369lc8v dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <1408137347 dot 1564 dot 19 dot camel at YAAKOV04> <53EE830D dot 1010008 at tiscali dot co dot uk>
On Fri, 2014-08-15 at 23:00 +0100, David Stacey wrote:
> On 15/08/14 22:15, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> > Where did we leave off wrt breaking out
> > perl_vendor?
> Back in April, Reini expressed a desire to keep perl_vendor, claiming
> that it is the easiest solution for both user and maintainer .
> Whilst there are some of us who might question this, Reini has vastly
> more knowledge and experience of perl than I ever will have. So when
> Reini states that there are good reasons why perl_vendor should stay, I
> am prepared to respect his judgement.
> As our perl maintainer wishes to keep perl_vendor, any discussion to the
> contrary seems somewhat academic.
The problem is that is seems to have remained academic; four months
later, and we still don't have a replacement for perl_vendor.
Reini, where are you holding with this? It's fine if you don't want to
maintain all the perl module packages separately, there are those who
are willing to help.