This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Please remove git-review-1.24-1
- From: David Rothenberger <daveroth at acm dot org>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 14:01:00 -0700
- Subject: Re: Please remove git-review-1.24-1
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <53F4F64B dot 3060801 at acm dot org> <87d2buucfn dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid>
Achim Gratz wrote:
> David Rothenberger writes:
>> Please remove git-review-1.24-1 and reinstate 1.23-1 as latest.
> Removing files is done by touching a file with the same name as the one
> you want to remove and putting a literal '-' character in front. It's a
> little tricky to not have touch recognize it as an option if you use
> sshfs in the current directory (adding ./ helps also). If you need to
> change setup.hint (as you probably want to do for folks who have the
> 1.24 package installed already) then those changes need to be in the
> same round of updates, otherwise upset might get upset.
Thanks for the info.
I really wasn't sure what to submit in my setup.hint, so I took a look
at the package contribution page. It said I could do:
If I do that, is it also safe to remove the 1.24-1 files? Or will that
David Rothenberger ---- email@example.com
Wishing you'd been born with an unfair advantage,
instead of having to try and acquire one.