This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ITP] rpcbind 0.2.1
- From: Pavel Fedin <pavel_fedin at mail dot ru>
- To: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Cc: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 18:42:33 +0400
- Subject: Re: [ITP] rpcbind 0.2.1
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <489660734 dot 20140820222236 at mail dot ru> <20140820191435 dot GX2280 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
Wednesday, August 20, 2014, 23:14:35 you wrote:
> Packaging looks good, basically, but the executables are in /usr/bin,
> while on Linux they are in /usr/sbin. Would you mind to move them?
No, i don't mind. I will.
> Btw., can you give a quick overview what's going to happen with the
> still missing executables from the old sunrpc package. /usr/sbin/portmap
> and /usr/bin/rstat?
portmap is now rpcbind and rstat is now rpcinfo.
rpcbind is a new portmapper, designed with capabilities of TI-RPC in
mind. Old portmap doesn't live quite well with it. So the whole sunrpc
is completely obsolete.