This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ITP] rpcbind 0.2.1
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo dot de>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 18:53:41 +0200
- Subject: Re: [ITP] rpcbind 0.2.1
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <489660734 dot 20140820222236 at mail dot ru> <53F553B6 dot 7030705 at cygwin dot com> <461503392 dot 20140821185810 at mail dot ru> <20140821150858 dot GD32314 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
Corinna Vinschen writes:
> We can (and maybe should) consider to add /usr/sbin to $PATH by default
> in /etc/profile, but that's a discussion concerning the base-files
> package in the first place.
Only root should have it in PATH otherwise you could just install
everything in /usr/bin and forget about it â which gets us back to the
problem of who gets to call himself root in Cygwin. BTW, /sbin and
/usr/sbin are currently separate â sysvinit and procps are the only
packages that install files into /sbin, though.
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+
Waldorf MIDI Implementation & additional documentation: