Re: perl-5.18.2-1

On 11/4/2014 11:25 AM, Achim Gratz wrote:
Ken Brown writes:
I think Reini is talking about the changes introduced by Yaakov and
subsequently followed by others (including me).  But as long as you're
getting the credit anyway, are you willing to adopt perl?  We seem to
be at an impasse otherwise.

The last time Reini talked about the 64bit version of Perl he mentioned
he was chasing a serious bug (I don't remember what it was and it may
already be moot).  I can try to build Perl starting from his 32bit
packge, but I would really like to start from where Reini left off for
64bit if that's possible.  I probably can't test the result as
thouroughly as Reini would have done.

I searched the archives, and I found the following two messages from Reini

  https://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin-apps/2014-03/msg00010.html
  https://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2014-05/msg00511.html

in which he mentioned problems with sockets. He didn't specify how serious the problems were. Reini, can you give Achim whatever information he needs in order to continue from where you left off?

Ken